Are you participating in PHCC’s Copper for Kids Program? Word of this program has spread like wildfire, with PHCC Contractors across the country contacting us requesting more information on participation. If you haven’t signed up yet, perhaps you need more information:
- In California there are 59000 children in the foster care system.
- Research shows that within 2 years of emancipation, more than 50% of these youth will be homeless, victimized, incarcerated or dead.
- On average it costs foster agencies $5000 to place a child in a forever home.
Finding forever families for children in foster care:
- decreases the number of homeless
- lessens the illegal activities in our communities
- reduces the number of people in California’s prisons.
- Most importantly, the cycle of abuse will end. Children in foster care who are placed with forever families will learn to value themselves, their family and their community.
PHCC of California has joined Sierra Forever Families and agencies across the state in their Mission: To transform the lives of children in foster care by building and nurturing permanent families.
We believe that every child deserves and needs a permanent home and a loving family, and that no child deserves to grow up in temporary care. All children need a forever family to call their own.
How do you participate?
- Contact our Corporate Offices at 916-925-7390.
- Request Signage for Copper for Kids
- Place the sign over a bin and collect scrap copper
- Notify your employees that you are participating
- Encourage your employees to participate
- Sell the scrap copper at your local recycling facility
- Donate the money to the PHCC of California Education Foundation or to your local PHCC Association who will donate to the foster agency of your choice assisting children in finding forever homes.
There is no greater feeling than making a difference in the life of a child. Contact us today to sign up!